Saturday, April 11, 2009

"They had faces then"







I found these on flickr and beneath it someone had posted, 'they had faces then'. And I was like, wow, what a perfect way to put it! I was just at the mall for a shopping spree with my friend, code name Sparkles, and I had decided, while browsing through pearl necklaces at Forever21, that next year my project for Photography class will be a period peice- 1920s. I love the feathery hats, pearl earings, floppy dresses, curly bobs, and the individuality of the women of the 20s. So free. The 1920s just rock out loud, and I love the whole decade- it rocks out loud!
Now, I laugh at the models on the cover of Seventeen magezine- what perfect little barbies you have there! There are, of course, good models and photographers nowadays, but I just LOVE period collections. Something about them...